IN MY BOROUGH
DEADLINE EXTENDER MARCH 20TH!
an inter-borough collaboration
The Falchi building and Local Project- Artist Space are looking for artists who can collaborate on a site-specific installation piece in the glass vitrines of the landmark Falchi building main concourse in Long Island City.
Opening reception, April 12
We are looking for proposals presenting artist collaborations in any media. Each vitrine is 4’8” deep X 10’ wide. The selected works will investigate the everyday movement through a city of diversity. Proposals could also include the ideas of neighborhood, self or identity in relation to neighborhood.
Selected projects will receive a stipend and will be up for 4 months.
– Authentic inter- borough collaboration: one artist from each of the selected collaborations must live or work in Queens and the other collaborator(s) from another NYC borough
– All mediums are accepted
– No sexual or violent content
– Proposals should be no longer than a page
– Low res JPGS of sketch or photomontage of the vitrines.
– On line work presented in one link which best represents previous work
– Send your proposals to email@example.com with the subject IN MY BOROUGH
– DEADLINE EXTENDED MARCH 20TH(Deadline for proposals, March 15)
– Artist Notification, no later than March 20
– Installation March, 22- April 7 (must be available to install during these dates)
The Falchi Building is located at 31-00 47th Ave, LIC, NY 11101